Licensing and Certification

Written by Wilhite

Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants must be licensed to practice occupational therapy in New Mexico. All OTs and OTAs must have had initial certification or registration through the National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Candidates for licensing must also pass a jurisprudence examination and pay all fees required by the state. Follow these convenient links for more information:

New Mexico Occupational Therapy Licensure Application Process Checklist

             (Developed by the New Mexico Occupational Therapy Association)

New Mexico Regulation and Licensing-Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy


National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy





OT Certification Made Easy!
Join and Support OT in New Mexico!
Join and Support Your National Organization
Sunday the 21st. Copyright © NMOTA.ORG 2017 - All Rights Reserved